Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today's Weigh-in

I'm 30 weeks and 3 days along today. Only 9.5 more weeks to go.

This morning's weigh-in: 151.6 lbs.
Starting weight: 134.8 lbs.

Total weight gain so far: 16.8 lbs.

I've been consistent with weighing myself in the mornings wearing the same clothes. My weight increases each week, and it's hard, but I know that it's a good thing. I'm probably going to gain about a pound a week from here on out. Which will leave me around a total weight gain of 26-27 pounds. Chances are I'll gain a couple more at the end when my little girl really starts putting on the weight (plus I have a feeling I'm going to go past my due date) so I'm aiming for around 30 lbs. This is healthy and smack dab in the middle of my goal. (Which was to gain 25-35lbs throughout this pregnancy.)



I haven't been able to run, but I've been trying to walk 2-3 miles, several times a week. I've used some hand weights here and there when I walk to help get my heart rate up, but sometimes it's brought on Braxton Hicks contractions (at least my midwife told me that's what they were). So, I was told to try and take it easier to not induce those. I do some minor strength training at home 1-3x a week. (Modified push-ups, bicep curls, wall squats, cat-cow exercises for my pelvis, calf raises, etc.) It's hard not to be able to do what I used to, but I'm trying my best to maintain. My strength, endurance, and everything is so different than what it used to be. I bet it doesn't help that I've got a uterus growing up under my ribcage and taking my lung space up. Oh well. I do enjoy it, and it's only a short time I'll get to experience this.

I need to keep up though since this will help me so much when I deliver. My goal is to deliver naturally without any pain medications. I can do this!

Just for fun... here's a prego pic (that doesn't even make my belly look as big as some others did) from January 28th (a day short of 30 weeks) that my husband took of me.


No comments: