Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time for a new Challenge

It's time for a new challenge! Here it is!
Get at least 8 cups of water daily!

Water is vital to the body functioning properly. Majority of the body is comprised of water. Have you ever heard that drinking lots of water increases your metabolism? In a way, it does.

Your kidneys filter all your blood. This process makes up about 25% of the total calories your body burns at rest. So, if you are drinking more water, your body has more fluid to filter. Therefore it is working harder and using more calories. Exactly how many more calories it burns is uncertain.

In addition, water makes you feel more full.
Water helps your body and cells to work at an optimal level.

Here in AZ we live in a dry, dry desert. I feel it especially during the winter months. (Here's my theory for that- It isn't as hot and therefore doesn't make me feel like drinking as much.) Nevertheless, it is still important.

So, let's get hydrated friends!
Go have a DRINK....
of water!

1 comment:

Malia said...

I got a great bottle at sprouts a couple months ago. I think it was 12 dollars and I love it! Camelbak makes it, so it's a really good brand. I usually fill mine up a couple times a day.
I carry it around campus and pretty much everywhere I go. I've realized that sometimes when I think i'm hungry, i'm really just thirsty.