Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still Trying!!!

I am still trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I actually have lost about 4 lbs since my last post but I think that has more to do with PMS making me have an upset stomach so I don't eat much, rather than any real effort I am making but...

I AM GOING TO SEIZE THE MOMENTUM...
keep moving forward

There is no reason (excuses) for me to not be my goal weight in the not to distant future.

It is my choice.
I can choose healthier.
I can choose to take care of myself.

I am at a point in my life where the many barriers that prevented me from moving forward before have now been removed.

*I have no more pregnancy weight to gain then try to lose (5 kids is my personal magic number).

*I've had a procedure (Uterine ablation) done this year that allows me to not be so anemic (low Iron) something that, I see now in hindsight, really affected me. Anemia makes you so tired, well my body needed more energy which translated into more FOOD.

*I am trying see how other areas affect my health (see my 'Heroes makes me fat' blog).

*I also see now that I need to be trying to make choices that will support a better life. Stress really doesn't serve any purpose.
You can be aware of a stressful situation without being stressed!

That is what I am trying to work on.
NO STRESS!!
*BEING* stressed won't somehow change the circumstances, in fact, it seems to me that being stressed often hinders my ability to think rationally to work out difficult situations, aside from making me want chocolate and high sugar foods which just leads to more frustration (fatness, not feeling well, and a shortness of cash!). So I am trying to make choices that will allow me to avoid stressful situations, trying to be fully aware of ALL the consequences from the choices I make, not just for my health, but also for my ability to be a good wife and mother. That's the goal at least!!!
I see what I need to do now.
That's got to be the first step right?!

Thank you Karisa for starting this blog that makes me think about what I want for my life and for my family. I can do it!!

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Yay Leah! Way to stay committed and determined! You re-boosted my commitment to myself. I've been working on it, but slacking a bit. I can do better and will! Love you and thanks for all you do!