Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to it

I finally got to go running again last night. I haven't ran for-ev-ver!
I ran with two good friends in my ward. I loved it.

It was the first time I didn't run with an MP3 player, timer, heart rate monitor, or my do-dah that tells me how far I go and my pace. {Yeah, I usually run with all of those!}
No machines, just my body moving.

I just kept running and ended up going a little over 5 miles! (One of my running partners figured that out.) For the first time out running in several weeks, that's not bad at all.

It just felt good to run uninhibited and just listen to my body; my body and the sounds around me. My mind was able to get lost in thoughts. It may have just been because I haven't done it in so long, but running is definitely something I can't live without for too long.

No sore knees today either. I think I'm just going to get my shoe inserts re-done. {8 years are a bit long to go on the same foot-molded inserts.} I've got one sore toe-nail, that's it.

I'm back to it and have never felt better.

3 comments:

Leah said...

yay! I am so happy for you. It is great that you have something you love that is so good for you.

Melissa said...

That friend's name is melissa...

Emily P. said...

Do you guys run together and stay together, or do you start together, and then split up?