Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Official Day 1

Hello all, I didn't realize how nerve racking this really is. Ok I have a short term goal...its to fit into my older sister's wedding dress. Not a good picture of it I know, but you get the point. My husband and I will be taking wedding pics so I don't really want to look at those a couple years from now and be like "YIKES!" My eventual goal is just to change my eating habits and daily habits. A couple months ago, my mom was diagnosed with diabetes, which put me in a scare but even worse that it comes from both sides of my family. So, I really want to avoid all of that. I just don't want to living my entire life regretting that "if I would have just exercised when I was younger." So my plan is to eat healthy, be active, and motivate those around me!

3 comments:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Hey Girlie! :) I had no idea you got diagnosed w/ Diabetes! We can do this! Tiera is workin' on it too! Starting next week I think we should do a Tuesday evening circuit training/weigh-in group like we used to. You game?? Let's do this hon! I love you!

The Gordons said...

Oh no, not me! My mom! That's what's really motivating me to avoid that entirely. I wanted there to be even the slightest chance of that happening to me.

Leah said...

Yay for you! So are you planning on getting married in the dress? Or just want to fit into it? When is the happy day? Weddings are wonderful. I have been married 15 years I don't think I could get my into my dress right now if my life depended on it! Good luck with your goal! You can do it!