Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heroes makes me fat

You heard me. Heroes (awesome NBC show on Monday nights) totally makes me fat.

I know you are skeptical but it is true!

I think I have finally made a break thru on my fatness.
(I italicized it to make it look pretty -that is how I deal with being 30 lbs over weight!)

It is time to connect the dots.

Why am I so lame at watching my calories? I do great all day then about 3pm, I just lose it. I totally eat whatever I can get my hands on and I don't even feel that hungry!?! I think I might have figured it out.
I was really awful on Tuesday. So I decided to stop and think about it. I was totally exhausted on Tuesday because I had stayed up late to watch one of my favorite shows Premire night episodes. (It was so good. I love Heroes!) So when I woke up the next morning at 2am (yes you read that correctly) I had a really hard time. Well next thing I know I am eating my way thru the day. (I did eat salad instead of cereal one time in effort to do better but by evening I wasn't even trying anymore).

My body needed the energy

because I had not taken care of it. By staying up late I had not given my body the chance to recharge so it required more fuel. (read: chocolate)

I KNOW that watching calories is 80% of weight loss. I need to have more will power
OR maybe it is time to think outside of the box.
To not just feel discouraged and disappointed with myself.
But actually DO something about it. Make some changes.

Connect the dots

Staying up late makes you fat!!

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healty and wealthy and wise.
(read: DUH!!!) Obviously I have heard this before but never really internalized it (or just needed to be reminded.)

*Only getting 4 hours of sleep means
*YOU ARE GOING TO BE SLEEPY!
*Which means your body will tell you EAT
*which means the three pounds you lost last week from working your booty off in aerobics was all in VAIN!

Those are the dots they are connected.

I am so glad for DVR. My new weightloss weapon!

2 comments:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

I'm so happy you posted! Personally I think you're nuts for getting up at 2am, but yeah... 4 hours of sleep a night will make you do crazy things! As one of my vice's, I'm working on getting to bed earlier and up earlier too.... maybe not 2am early, but yeah! I love ya'!

Emily P. said...

I loved reading this. You are quite the writer. Good luck on the weight loss!