Current Challenge

Drink @ least 8 cups of water every day.
See post here
for more details.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Started!

There are already a handful of people who have shown interest in getting a healthy lifestyle started! I'm so excited!

Feel free to join us at any time. There is no excuse why you should have to wait till tomorrow topostpone what you really want. It just takes some extra work and motivation!

Here are some things to send me {or comment} if you want to get started:
1. Send me your name/nickname/whatever you want to be called by me {& if you choose, your team/partner}.
2. Your goal (a weight goal, exercising daily, losing wt for pregnancy, getting healthy, whatever)
3. And if you want to be joined up with a team/partner.

I ask you to send me your goal so that I can help pair you with an individual with a similar goal. If you want to send me more about yourself {like age, current wt, ht, etc} feel free. It will help me to guide you in your goals, etc.

I can help you figure out appropriate goals for yourself too if you are confused with what you want or should be aiming for. Just e-mail me @ TomkinsonTraining@gmail.com.

Since there are already people who are wanting to get started...

Here's the first CHALLENGE!
Make a list of the reasons why you want to get healthy.

Write down every reason you can come up with as silly or serious as it may be.
Post this list on your fridge or somewhere you see everyday.
Add to it throughout the week as you think of more reasons.
This is your motivation.
This is why you are really getting fit.
Every reason.

Here we go!

(I'll post my own list tomorrow if you need help getting ideas.)

3 comments:

kathe said...

hey karisa, i am trying this again. hopefully you will get this blog this time. i haven't actually read all that you have written so i don't really know what this is really about yet. i think i am excited for it though. haha! i am kind of slow so you should just like call me or email me or something and tell me. haha! :D love ya!

Kathe Beth said...

Hey Karisa! ok so i went on a walk all the way down tot he park and back (more of a work out then you think for a girl on crutches) i came home and did a plethora of more work outs. sit ups, push ups, sit n twist, planks, bicycle, a whole lot of other leg work outs, worked out on the weight bench and even did some jumping jacks. Yes! all of that with a broken foot, i know! haha! though i do have to say the jumping jacks were very hard. haha! ok so i am not positive what i weigh right now. before my surgery i think it was 157lb or something like that, but i think i have lost some weight since then. and my goal is 130lb. and i think i am 5' 7". and until i can go running again i plan to at least go on a "walk" and do some other type of work outs. (is this the sort of thing you want me to post to you? haha! i'm not sure 100%) haha! :)

Leah said...

So we are suppose to list every reason why we want to live more healthy. I have been thinking about that. I do really want the heatlh benefits, more energy, all that but what it comes right down to...I do not want to be 30 lbs overweight. I have no more excuses, no more distractions. Now is the time. I have just not paying much attention to my body for about 15 years. I was too busy with having babies and other stresses. But now I am ready. I had surgery eariler this year to help with my anemeia (uterine ablation) so I have much more energy. (Or I know I could if I could just get some sleep!) It also helped me not have the munchies so much. I lost about 10 lbs in the weeks after my surgery which I have since put back on (I think the stress of the move did me in) But I really FEEL like I can do it. Yes it takes work and commitment, but it is entirely possible that I could get down to my weight before I had the 5 babies. I am excited and motivated. I know I will have bad days but that is no reason to stop trying!!! Thank you Karisa for helping us stay on track! I CAN DO IT!!!